On February 27, 2021, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Malaysia (MI) released information on the import and inspection guidelines for scrap used paper and metal, which will come into effect on September 1, 2021.
- Importer registration at the Malaysian Industrial Standards Office (SIRIM) (sirim registration card, deposit to bank required quarterly)
- Pre-shipment inspection in the shipping country
- Importer submits inspection pass certificate (CoA) to SIRIM
- Onboard inspection (onboard inspection and sampling at Malaysian port)
- CoA issued (ISSUED by SIRIM to importers)
- Post-unloading inspection (inspection of samples removed during onboard inspection)
After the above 6 journeys, import is permitted. Pre-shippment inspections in Japan can be carried out by Baltic Control, a designated inspection company of SIRIM. If you have any questions about this matter, please contact our Safety Tech.
Related Regulation: Guidelines_MetalScrap_Malaysia